Monday 20 July 2015

June, glimpses of Bordeaux

in june I had the chance to see Bordeaux and the surroundings during a business trip.
here I'm sharing with you some of the (very few) moments I had to play the tourist.
{all pics are taken with my phone and processed with vscocam}



l'intendant, wine shop in the city center. an impressive spiral staircase takes the guests into a wine journey, step by step, cru by cru. 


shopping at le Marché des Capucins.





Chez Dupont, traditionally-looking bistrò in the Chartrons neighborhood. 


escaping from the city to breathe the ocean at Cap Ferret. beyond the Arcachon bay you can see the 
dune du Pilat, tallest sand dune in Europe. 


looking at the wine landscape from the car window, on my way to St. Emiliòn.




the medieval town of St. Emiliòn was the most charming place I've seen during this trip.a "I'd love to visit with Marco riding a lambretta" kind of place. we had dinner in a place called l'envers du decòr.


after this trip now I have a much longer france-themed wishlist that includes being fluent in french, a roadtrip and spend some days (weeks?) in a local winery.

have you ever been in Bordeaux?



4 comments:

  1. A truly lovely glimpse of Bordeaux! I have never been there, but grudging from your photos, I guess I'd like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you polly :) i would have loved to see more of the city myself!

      Delete
  2. Bordeaux is on my list for sooo long. And seeing your pictures made me very sure of it: this is a must see french city. Maybe next year... ;)

    ReplyDelete

thank your for stopping by ♥
I am curious about your opinions! please, join the conversation.

Popular Posts